Make your plans now to attend 2019 European PLACE Conference in Porto, where you can mix work and fun together. This city is full of history, giving you a chance to discover its rich and varied history around each corner. You will discover medieval walls, gleaming Baroque churches, compact streets, grand open spaces in the city square and Romanesque cathedrals. Here are a few ideas of the best things to do in Porto:
* Cais da Riberia, where you can get the perfect picture of the iconic Luís I Bridge.
* Visit the metal arched Luís I Bridge, which opened in 1886.
* Take a trip back in time to the unique example of Art Deco architecture of the Serralves Museum and Villa.
* The last Gothic monument in Porto, Church of São Francisco, which was completed in 1425.
* Wonder at the splendor of Porto's old stock exchange, Palácio da Bolsa.
* Clérigos Church, where you can get a complete panorama of the city.
* Plan a visit to Casa da Música, a modern concert hall that is also incredible to see.
* Don't miss the spectacular ocen sunsets at Foz do Douro.